Business, Innovation & Investment Visas
If you are a qualified individual, a successful business person or entrepreneur who wants to start a new business or operate an existing business or make investment in Australia, our experienced immigration lawyers can assist you to explore your options under Business Innovation and Investment Visa – Provisional (subclass 188) and Permanent (subclass 888) visa.
Visa subclass 188 is a provisional visa which requires a nomination by a State or Territory government, is granted for up to 5 years and is a pathway to permanent residency via the permanent (subclass 888) visa.
This visa has 5 streams with different requirements as to the size of investment, nomination and business activities:
- Business innovation stream: there is no investment required. Visa applicants need to have a successful business history, must be nominated by a State or Territory government agency;
- Investor stream: AUD1.5 million investment and a nomination by a State or Territory government agency;
- Significant Investor stream: AUD5 million investment and a nomination by a State or Territory government agency or Austrade;
- Premium Investor stream: AUD15 million in investment and/or philanthropic contributions and nomination by Austrade; and
- Entrepreneur stream: for start-ups and early stage entrepreneurs who have been endorsed to develop their concepts and been nominated by a State or Territory government agency.
Subclass 188 and 888 visas also have other requirements such as business and personal assets, business activity history, English language and health requirements.
Get in Touch
If you require legal advice or representation in Western Australia, don't hesitate to fill out the form below. Our experienced Perth lawyers, specialising in areas such as family law, immigration, corporate law, and dispute resolution, are ready to assist you. We will be in touch with you shortly to discuss how we can meet your legal needs in Perth!
Expert Australian lawyers, just a click away.
Learn How We
Book An Initial